About Traffic Department:
Traffic Directorate associates with technical directorates of RDSO in respect of design and development of wagons, coaches, locos, signalling, electrical and civil engineering equipments from user’s perspective. The Directorate also associates in various tests and trials. In addition, this directorate undertakes independent feasibility studies, specific studies pertaining to increase in line capacity and throughput, studies to analyse transportation trends and also studies related to business development and customer satisfaction of Railway services.
Brief Achievements in last one year(Year 2021-22 & current year 2022-23):
1. Analysis of Claims over Indian Railways. (Report No. TFC-100, July-2021)
2. Study on transportation of Iron Ore over Indian Railways. (Report No. TFC- 101, July-2021)
3. Study on transportation of Fertilizer over Indian Railways. (Report No. TFC- 102, Aug-2021)
4. Study on transportation of POL over Indian Railways. (Report No. TFC-103 Aug-2021)
5. Gap Analysis of Duties of Guard and Working of EoTT System (Report No.TFC-104, March-2022)
6. Study on Transportation Trend of Cement traffic (Report No. TFC-105 March2022)
7. Business Development of Automobile Traffic on Indian Railways (Report No.TFC-106, March2022)
8. A Study on Customer Service Review of Vande Bharat Exp. (Report No.TFC-107, Aug-2022)
Current Assignment in hand:
• Business viable intercity routes for high speed trains.
• Industrial Mapping of two- wheeler Transportation.