Welcome to Traffic Directorate
Role of Directorate:
The primary function of the Traffic Directorate is to offer opinion/advice to various Design Directorates of the RDSO in their projects/development works from the viewpoints of operating, commercial & users’ requirements, to associate in important tests/trials, to conduct studies as decided in the GCM, CBRR, DG/RDSO and Railway Board.It conducts feasibilities studies pertaining to Operating and Commercial departments in respect of line capacity, throughput,safety etc.
Brief Achievements in last one year(Year 2021-22):
1. Analysis of Claims over Indian Railways. (Report No. TFC-100 July2021)
2. Study on transportation of Iron Ore over Indian Railways. (Report No. TFC- 101 July2021)
3. Study on transportation of Fertilizer over Indian Railways. (Report No. TFC- 102 Aug2021)
4. Study on transportation of POL over Indian Railways. (Report No. TFC-103 Aug2021)
5. Gap Analysis of Duties of Guard and Working of EoTT System (Report No.TFC-104
6. Study on Transportation Trend of Cement traffic (Report No. TFC-105 March2022)
7. Business Development of Automobile Traffic on Indian Railways (Report No.TFC-106
Current Assignment in hand:
• Customer satisfaction of Vande Bharat Express.
• Business viable intercity routes for high speed trains.
• Hungry for cargo in empty flow direction.