Our Expertise –
Following Brake characteristics are tested in this laboratory:
· Freight train upto 132 ‘BOXN’ wagons with single or twin pipe
· Passenger train upto 30 coaches with twin pipe and 30 coaches with E.P. assist brake system
· Effects of changes in design of loco brake system.
· Freight & passenger trains with multiple loco operations.
· Optimum location of locos in long freight train.
· Effects of changes in distributor valve of freight & passenger trains.
· Train parting & indication to driver
· Effects of leakage rates on release of brakes.
· Effects of over charge feature on train operation.
· Optimum compressor & reservoir capacity for various train lengths.
· Performance testing of distributor valves
· Performance testing of vigilance control device
· Performance testing of all type of compressor fitted in diesel locos, electric locos, EMU and DEMU
· Performance testing of Air Dryer
Facilities we have –
· Twin pipe & single pipe air brake equipment for 132 BOXNB wagons with Data Acquisition System.
· Passenger train upto 30 coaches with twin pipe and 30 coaches with E.P. assist brake system with Data Acquisition System.
· 7 compressors with total capacity of 16000 liters per minute
· Fully automatic computerized distributor valve test rig
· Vigilance control device test rig
· EMD loco brake system simulator for CCB 1.5.
· Compressor test rig.
· DV test rig and DV endurance test rig.
Air dryer test rig.