Vision 2025 of Psycho-Technical Directorate
Key concepts and functional areas pertaining to Psycho-Technical Directorate are summarized as under:
- Alignment of Aptitude Testing with inputs of upgraded technology/ operating practices through continual research and development of tests with a scientific approach to suit the requirement.
- Operational technology will be highly automatic over the years in future where the role of safety category staff directly involved in train operation will gradually become more responsible commensurate with technological upgradation. As such the Psychological Tests to measure attitude and attributes of the safety category staff will correspondingly incorporate the essential features of Perceptual Speed, Reaction Time, and Selective Attention. The present format and content of these tests will be bench marked so that highly advanced tests for these aptitudes and attributes are developed in a dynamic way with facilities of simulation on Three Dimensional models.
- The scope of psychological screening will be much-much wider than what is available at present and shall include other critical safety category staff viz. PWI, Traffic Inspectors, Signal Inspectors, etc.
- The Psycho-Technical Cell will be remodelled and developed as Centre for Advanced Psychological Research for Indian Railways personnel. Its functioning shall witness a paradigm shift in developing technologies for man-machine interface.
- Assessment and matching of human capabilities with job demands.
- Designing of work place, work procedures, duty rosters keeping in view the human limitations in mind.
- Extending support to staff working under highly stressful condition by way of counselling, relaxation therapies.
- Development of skills to perform efficiently under stress shall be and important socio psychological area of challenge for the industry.
- To evolve strategies and business model for making the Directorate a centre of Excellence the field for in various development of Online test as knowledge products in such a way that the Psycho-Technical Directorate of Indian Railways emerge as solution provider to other Railways systems facilitating the centre of excellence to emerge as a self reliant centre of R&D development besides generating revenue for Indian Railways.
- Integration with training programmes of different training institutes of Railway Staff College , IRIEEN and IRISET, etc. and consultancy and organising training programmes for other organisation for R&D activities.
- The Centre will emerge as a nodal organization for post accident analysis and counselling Verbal/Non verbal, visual, auditory and tactile communication skill development to improve performance of the staff involved in the safety of train operation.