Aim and Objective of RPF
• Protect and safeguard railway passengers, passenger area and railway property.
• Ensure the safety, security and boost the confidence of the traveling public in the Indian Railways
• Carry on an unrelenting fight against criminals in protecting railway passengers, passenger area and railway property.
• Facilitate passenger-travel and security by removing all anti-social elements from trains, railway premises and passenger area.
• Remain vigilant to prevent trafficking in women and children and take appropriate action to rehabilitate destitute children found in Railway areas.
• Co-operate with other departments of the Railways in improving the efficiency and image of the Indian Railways.
• Act as a bridge between the Government Railway Police/local police and the Railway administration.
• Adopt proactively all modern technology, best human rights practices, management techniques and special measures for protection of female and elderly passengers and children, in the pursuit of these objectives.