Traffic Directorate associates with different design directorates of RDSO in respect of various projects/studies for improving line capacity and throughput and consideration of user requirements for improved design of coaches and wagons. This Directorate has also taken up standardisation and technical specifications of LED based Hand Signal Lamps and Tail Lamps, Scotch Block, Wedge, Skid, Padlocks and Safety Chains.
Directorate also takes up passenger feedback survey in respect of new designs of coaches/wagons for further improvement if necessary by concerned Design Directorates.Action on specific recommendations of various CRS Accident Enquiry Reports pertaining to RDSO are coordinated by Directorate.
MAJOR THRUST AREAS:
- Standardization of design of coaches, wagons and other equipments.
- User’s reaction on new design of coaches, wagons and other equipments.
- Economic appraisal and cost benefit.
- Safety in train Operation.
- Consultancy to other directorates.
- Other independent Studies pertaining to transportation and other commercial working.
- Conduct studies assigned by Governing Council.