ORGANISATIONAL DETAILS, DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
Executive Director/Admn. –I & EMS is in-charge of all functions related to Central Library, Publication & PR and Electrical Maintenance Section in RDSO. He functions as PRO for public relations work. He oversees the following sections:-
§ Central Library looked after by Dy. Director/L&I-I.
§ Publication Section looked after by Director/L&I-II.
§ Electrical Maintenance Section looked after by Director/EMS.
Sections under his administrative control are :
(1)) Publication & PR (2) Central Library
(3) Electrical Maintenance Section
Work allotted to the Sections is enumerated below:
Publication Section :
All the major information and results of RDSO’s activities of research reports, codes, manuals and specifications etc. are published in Annual Report. Besides, RDSO brings out quarterly magazine “Indian Railway Technical Bulletin” containing technical articles on topics of railway interest. The quarterly house journal “RDSO Highlights” covering prominent activities of the organization is also published by Publication section.
The Public Relation branch takes care of visiting dignitaries as well as affords necessary assistance to the students/trainees from different institutes. Constant liaison is also maintained with the mass media to keep the common man aware of the special type of works being done by this research organization of Indian Railways.
Central Library :
Central Library of RDSO is located on the 1st floor of Annexe-I (Manak Bhavan) building. Considerable efforts and resources have been put into the development of an exquisite collection to cater to the growing needs of research & development.
The library is divided into following sections :-
· Book Section – Books on Engineering and Technical subjects.
· Report Section - RDSO Reports, Railway Board’s Publications, UIC Codes & Reports.
· Specification Section - Indian Standards (IS), British Standards (BS), American Standards (ASTM), International Electro-technical Commission (IEC), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) etc.
· Periodical Section – Technical Journals/Magazines .
· Reference Section - Handbooks, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries & Directories.
LIBRARY SERVICES - Library offers a wide range of services -
· Procurement of Books, Specifications, Journals and Reports ,
· Subscription of e-Resources,
· Lending of Library’s Documents,
· Reference & Information Services
AUTOMATION OF LIBRARY - Library catalogue of books and reports are displayed through intranet which the users can search with keywords, author & title etc.
E-RESOURCES – On-line/Network e-Resource subscribed by RDSO are :-
· IEC Standards :
· ASTM Standards :
· Indian Standards :
· Jane’s world Railways
Electrical Maintenance Section:
Power supply arrangement for RDSO complex including service building and residential quarters. Electrical maintenance of all equipments installed in service buildings as well as residential quarters of RDSO colony.